Experienced Ohio Small Business Lawyers
As small business owners ourselves, we at Bolek Besser Glesius understand the unique challenges small businesses face. The last thing small-business owners need is the threat and disruption that comes with litigation. That’s where we come in.
At Bolek Besser Glesius, we offer a rare blend of big firm skills with small firm attention to our clients. We can help Ohio small and family-owned businesses with legal disputes, contract drafting, or general legal advice. Whether you need an employee handbook, have a claim against another business, or are being sued, call the Ohio small business lawyers at Bolek Besser Glesius for help protecting your business.
Big firm legal skills with small firm attention for Ohio business litigation
The lawyers at Bolek Besser Glesius are recognized leaders in the legal community. Every one of our lawyers holds the prestigious “AV Preeminent” rating from legal rating service Martindale-Hubbell, and all have been repeatedly named to Ohio Super Lawyers Magazine’s list of “Ohio Super Lawyers.” In 2019, that publication named Cathleen Bolek one of the Top 100 lawyers in the State of Ohio.
When we come to court, we bring our strong reputations for excellence and professionalism with us. And we handle each case with the individual attention it deserves. Our goal is always devotion to justice for our clients.
But we offer more than top-notch legal skills. It’s important to have a lawyer who will be responsive and will not charge a small fortune every time you pick up the phone. At Bolek Besser Glesius, we pride ourselves on offering our clients the individual attention and cost efficiency most larger law firms cannot offer.
Big law firms have huge overhead costs, and they pass those costs on to their clients. At Bolek Besser Glesius, we keep our costs low while providing the highest quality legal services. We work efficiently to keep legal costs down, without sacrificing quality.
If your small business is facing legal challenges, don’t wait until you are sued to hire a lawyer. By then, the costs are greater and the options are fewer. We will work with you to find the best strategy to chart a course forward for your business. Whenever feasible, we will help you avoid costly litigation. And when litigation becomes a necessity, we will fight for your business tooth and nail, because we understand your livelihood is at stake.
Helping small businesses comply with Ohio employment laws
As employment lawyers, we know the mistakes Ohio employers often make. We offer pre-litigation counseling to help small businesses avoid common mistakes that lead to costly litigation. We can help with:
- Employee handbooks. The best way to avoid disputes with your employees is to put your policies in writing. Our employment attorneys have reviewed countless employee handbooks and can put our experience to use writing an employee handbook that fits your needs.
- Anti-discrimination and harassment training. Our Ohio employment lawyers have questioned hundreds of managers and human resource professionals embroiled in employment disputes. We know where their training failed and exposed their employers to liability. We can help educate your staff about workplace laws to protect your small business, and can tailor a training program for your business needs.
- Independent discrimination and harassment investigations. You’ve trained your employees and have clear policies prohibiting workplace misconduct. But you could still face a complaint of discrimination or sexual harassment. If you are facing an employee complaint, consider hiring an independent investigator to conduct a prompt, impartial, and thorough investigation. By doing so, you show your employees and, if necessary, the courts, that you take employee complaints seriously and want to find out what really happened before you decide what to do next. The lawyers at Bolek Besser Glesius know how to investigate these claims, and will provide a clear, detailed report giving you the tools to do what’s right and protect your business.
Representing Ohio small businesses in trade secret cases and contract disputes.
The attorneys at Bolek Besser Glesius are experienced in cases involving contract disputes and other small business litigation. No matter who is on the other side, our Ohio business attorneys will fight for you. We handle cases involving:
- Contract disputes. The attorneys at Bolek Besser Gleisus are experienced contract lawyers. Whether you are trying to enforce a contract with a vendor, customer, or employee, or are being accused of breaching a contract, we can help. We have handled both simple and complex contract disputes at every step, including through trial.
- Trade secrets litigation. The theft of trade secrets can put a company out of business. The Ohio Uniform Trade Secrets Act, found at Section 1333.61 of the Ohio Revised Code, protects against trade secret theft—or “misappropriation” as it is called. Those secrets might include anything from customer lists and margins to processes and strategic plans. If you are concerned that a former employee or competitor is using your confidential business information illegally, call our experienced Ohio trade secret lawyers before the damage cannot be undone.
- Non-competition agreement litigation. Many employers have employees sign non-competition agreements, designed to protect the business from unfair competition once the employee leaves the company. Our lawyers have extensive experience dealing with Ohio non-competition agreements. If one of your competitors has hired a former employee in violation of a non-competition agreement, we can help.
- Interference with your business. Both Ohio statutes and Ohio common law offer protections to businesses when a competitor, vendor, or disgruntled employee disparages your business and causes financial harm. If this happened to your business, call us for a free consultation. We might be able to help put things right.
Ohio small business attorneys protecting your financial future
Your small business is your livelihood. You need lawyers that will help protect your bottom line. At Bolek Besser Glesius, our Ohio small business attorneys offer a unique mix of big firm legal skills with the individualized attention only a small firm can provide. We strive to solve problems and help our clients get back to doing what they do best: running a business.
If your small business needs an experienced litigation firm, call us for help.